*This month the focus is on Volunteering. We are looking for some new volunteers to help our current team. You can give anything from an hour a week to a specific role, or just be an on-call person to fix the odd leaky tap! We know time is precious, but volunteering gives a great sense of reward, not to mention looking great on a CV! Phone us on 759 8244 or email for more information
* Our Volunteer Team is always looking for a new pair of helping hands. Join our Committee and receive FREE Centre membership and one free annual rental. See the Vacancies page for more details.
* New World City donates 50 cents to us for every $100.00 you spend! Keep your receipts and drop them in the Centre's mailbox, or post them to: P O Box 4059, New Plymouth 4340. We really appreciate your support.
* Meet other mums-to-be whilst taking some time out for yourself learning useful relaxation techniques in our Yoga for Pregnancy Courses.
* We are starting an exciting new group and are looking for members!!! 'Friends of Parents Centre' will work alongside the committee to help with fundraisers or one-off tasks. to find out more.
*Did you know Parents Centre House is available to hire or that special occasion/family party/childs birthday? We can now offer a bbq for hire. Phone us on 06 759 8244 to check availability, or email us.
*Ever thought about training as a Child Birth Educator? Maybe you did your Antenatal course through Parents Centre and were so impressed you thought about teaching it youself. Parent Centres around New Zealand use qualified CBE's to teach Antenatal courses, and the Diploma is available through Aoraki. Visit them at and have a look at this exciting course http://www.aoraki.ac.nz/.
*Our Playgroup is now running on Friday, and we would love to see you and your children! It is run by parents, for parents and it runs from 9.30am til 11.30am. Please bring morning tea for your child/children and maybe a change of clothes for budding artists or muck specialists! Enjoy our extensive indoor/outdoor play opportunities that are available for you to enjoy with your children. Only $2.50 per family. Parents Centre, where parenting is everything!
*Due to several requests from parents and caregivers Wednesday Playgroup has now changed to 'Tiny Tunes' - a closed music group aimed at parents with children aged 0-15 months. Due to its popularity another music group will also run for 18 mths to 5 years olds, also on Wednesdays. If you would like more information or to register to go on the waiting list please , or phone 06 759 8244.
* Our newsletter is turning green and going electronic! Members will still receive their Kiwi Parent via mail, but your bimonthly newsletter will be electronic. We are also starting a new newsletter page to welcome our newest arrivals into the world, so send us your babies details to . You don't have to be a member to receive our newsletter so why not get on our mailing list by email.