Can you help us?
Dunedin Parents Centre is an organisation run by parents for parents. Our aim is to support and help our families in the local community. We currently host a variety of sessions from the centre, however we would love to do more.
The projects we want to achieve within the short to medium term are:
We want to clean and catalogue our playgroup toys. Can you spare an hour or two to help us with this. You will be able to get to know us a little more and get a say in any toys we need to recycle buy.
If you feel you can help us with the above or would be able to help us on a regular or ad hoc basis, then please can you contact one of our volunteers or contact us at email@example.com.
Joining the committee
Would you like to join our committee?
Would you like to get to know other people in the Dunedin Parent's Centre, while at the same time making a difference to how we run?
We are always on the lookout for people who can help us, and we promise we'll make the whole experience FUN!
You can choose how you would like to get involved based on the time, skills and energy you have available. We can even help you out with training.
Some of the jobs we could use help with:
- Vice President
- Playgroup coordinator
- Playgroup leaders
- Centre Discounts
- Event & Fundraising Coordinator
To register interest or find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering offers an opportunity to:
- Share your knowledge, skills, ideas and opinions
- Develop skills useful for a paid career, personal improvement or parenting
- Help other new parents by supporting and valuing their role
- Make friends and enjoy the company of other adults in the same boat
- Meet with centres from within the Southern Region for support and networking
- Spend at least one evening a month out on your own without your children!
- Participate in regular committee social get-togethers
We value our volunteers and respect individual levels of commitment. We are very flexible - as parents ourselves, we understand the need for families to come first.
Committee meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of every month and we welcome all centre members to come along in whatever capacity you wish to offer your assistance.
If you are keen to be involved please contact us on 03 453 5536 or email us, we'd love to see you there.