Childbirth Education (Antenatal Classes)
Congratulations! You are about to embark on a whole new chapter of your life. Ashburton Parents Centre offers FREE Childbirth Education classes, offering pregnant women and their birth support people a course that will enrich and empower them with knowledge about their journey ahead, as they prepare for one of life's greatest experiences, childbirth and becoming parents.
As parents we need to be able to make informed choices. Having attended a Childbirth Education class will allow you to be confident with knowledge gained to ask questions and make informed decisions about your treatment/care.
What will you learn in our childbirth education class?
- development and growth of your baby
- understanding your changing body
- choosing a caregiver
- antenatal care and tests
- stretching, exercise and relaxation
- choosing where to have your baby
- what happens during labour
- coping during labour
- what to expect at home or at the hospital
- changes to your body after the baby is born
Life with a new baby
- feeding your baby
- clothes and equipment for your baby
- changing roles and relationships, sexuality
- early days at home, tiredness, feelings
- practical parents: folding nappies, bathing, meeting your baby's needs
- what next: support available, parent education
How our classes are run?
- led by a qualified childbirth educator
- weekend and weeknight courses
- groups are small, so joining in is easy
- chance to make friends with other new parents
Our Childbirth Educator
- has a Certificate in Childbirth Education recognised by NZQA
- has up to date knowledge of pregnancy and birthing
- is trained in group leadership and adult education
These courses also allow you to meet other couples who are sharing the same experiences as you, hence we have some excellent social networks that continue after the completion of each course.
See our Facebook page for course dates or email us at email@example.com