Our Childbirth Education classes [more commonly referred to as ‘antenatal classes’], are run by qualified and experienced Childbirth Educators. The course is run over a six week period, where women and their birth partners will be provided with evidence-based information and learn skills for labour, birth and early parenting. Our educators advocate, promote and teach skills for natural birth, breastfeeding and attachment parenting. Their aim is to empower new parents to make well informed decisions during their labour and birth to ensure they have a positive birth experience.
· Labour & birth
· Life with a new baby
· At home with baby
· Postnatal support
The course also includes a guided tour of the North Shore Maternity Services, including the birthing suites.
Courses are run regularly throughout the year. Our Antenatal package is $240.00; this includes the Childbirth Education Course for you and your partner, the Baby & You course which is held soon after your baby’s birth and one year’s to membership Parents Centre.
Courses are held locally at the Rawene Centre in Birkenhead.
Early enrolment is essential as classes are limited to 13 couples per course.
To enrol please email your details, including your due date to
or phone Shona on (09) 442-2126.
Parents Centre Membership includes...
· Membership of the largest network of parents in New Zealand
· Six issues of the Kiwi Parent Magazine
· Six issues of the Onewa Parents Centre newsletter – Odds n Ends
· Discounted fees to our parent education courses
· On-going support and advice for your family, including breastfeeding and bottle feeding support
· Coffee groups for parents of new babies to provide friendship and support
· Access to our Centre library