Congratulations! You are about to embark on a whole new chapter of your life. Ashburton Parents Centre offers four two day weekend Childbirth Education classes held throughout the year, offering pregnant women and their birth support people a course that will enrich and empower them with knowledge about their journey ahead, as they prepare for one of lifes greatest experiences, childbirth and becoming parents.
As parents we need to be able to make informed choices, having attended a Childbirth Education class will allow you to be confident with knowledge gained to ask questions and make informed decisions about your treatment/care.
What will you learn in our childbirth class?
- development and growth of your baby
- understanding your changing body
- choosing a caregiver
- antenatal care and tests
- stretching, exercise and relaxation
- choosing where to have your baby
- what happens during labour
- coping during labour
- what to expect at home or at the hospital
- changes to your body after the baby is born
Life with a new baby
- feeding your baby
- clothes and equipment for your baby
- changing roles and relationships, sexuality
- early days at home, tiredness, feelings
- practical parents: folding nappies, bathing, meeting your baby's needs
- what next: support available, parent education
How our classes are run?
- led by a qualified childbirth educator
- two day course, held on a Saturday so that partners can attend
- groups are small, so joining in is easy
- chance to make friends with other new parents
Our Childbirth Educator
- has a Certificate in Childbirth Education recognised by NZQA
- has up to date knowledge of pregnancy and birthing
- is trained in group leadership and adult education
These courses also allow you to meet other couples who are sharing the same experiences as you, hence we have some excellent social networks that continue after the completion of each course.
Upcoming Childbirth Education Classes for 2016
- 13th & 20th February
- 14th & 21st May
- 20th & 27th August
- 19th & 26th November
If you are interested in booking in for our classes or would like to know more information please contact Rachel on 03 307 1084 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost $110.00 (bookings are essential)