Our Baby & You classes are aimed at parents with newborn babies (4-12 weeks) and are friendly and informal. Each session allows plenty of time for you to have any questions answered by the experienced course leaders, who are there to provide support to you and your new baby.
The course is held over 5 weeks, on a Friday morning and during the course duration there is a different guest speaker covering each of the following topics:
• Feeding - Includes breast care, diet, expressing, allergies, introducing solids,
sleep positions, SIDS and sleep routines.
• First Aid -Focusing on infants and children and includes CPR and choking. An introduction to first aid. Dads, grandparents and
other caregivers are welcome to attend also.
• Life after baby - An informal chat to discuss how life is after you have had your baby.
Learn a few new techniques and discuss the new life of motherhood.
• Child Development - physical, language, social intellectual, exploring the values of play and the benefits for both yourself and your baby. Practical tips and creative ideas to stimulate and entertain your baby while enhancing development and learning.
• Baby Massage - Led by an IAIM Certified instructor.
Our Baby & You classes are held at the Sunnynook Community Centre, Cnr Sycamore Drive & Sunnynook Road.